These are some of the most simplest, and pretty darn tasty buns to make!
I never realised until recently that they were a Northern Irish thing until my sister told me! I can’t remember how it came up in conversations! They really are the simplest things to make and the name of them gives it away.. they are called 15s because you put 15 of all the ingredients in! You can make them using anything you want really! Here is what they are traditionally made using;
Now I wasn’t very fun and only used the marshmallows and didn’t use the coconut shavings either! But I will let you guys know how to do it with them but obviously my pictures wont include them!
- Put the digestive biscuits in a freezer bag! Make sure all of the air is out of it, seal it then crush the digestive biscuits up using a rolling pin or something similar! Have fun doing this, let out your anger ;] Make sure there are no big bits of biscuits left! If there Is a few you can crumble them between your fingers!
- Add in the cherries & Marshmallows and mix it all together
- Empty in the tin of condensed milk and mix either using a spoon or if you want to get mucky, your hands! if the mixture feels gloopy and sticky at this stage crush up another two digestives and add them and mix them in!
- Once you have done all that roll it out into a roll shape then put the coconut out on a surface and roll the 15s over it so that it coats the outside!
- Wrap it up in Clingfilm and refrigerate for a couple of hours, or if you want them done quicker, put them in the freezer for an hour!
- Whenever they have been refrigerated, take them out and unwrap the Clingfilm and cut them up!
Hope you guys have enjoyed this recipe , its quick, easy and delicious.. or at least I think so anyway!
Let me know if you tried it and what you think! Do you have any baking you enjoy doing?