I made this with my little girl, we had so much fun and it was super simple!
- Sugar (same amount as blackberries!)
- Lemon Juice to taste
- We first of all started off with going blackberry picking to get our most important ingredient! My little girl had so much fun doing this, we walked along and she picked the ones she could reach and pointed out too me the ones up high for me to pick! Obviously taste testing some as we went along! 😛
- Next we measured out how many blackberries we had, washed them under some warm water and then put them into a bowl! (we didn’t have a large amount)
- Then we mashed the blackberries up with our potato masher! This was lots of fun and a bit messy when she decided to see how fast she could do it..
- The sugar then is to be added, for us this was 1 and a half cups as we had one and a half cups of blackberries! Then mix it all together. Now is when you can add the lemon juice to taste if you want! We added a tiny little splash.
- Then pour the mixture into a saucepan, bring it to the boil while continuously mixing it! Once it has reached the boil, reduce the temperature down and stir it for a few more minutes.
- Finally find some old jam jars preferably to put it into! We didn’t have any so we used some bowls with lids that we had in the house, so anything can do really! Pop it into the fridge for a few hours to cool down.
- Find some nice bread and enjoy! .. Again we didn’t have any nice bread in the house and she was an eager beaver to try something that she had made! So we put it onto a bit of toast and really enjoyed it!
I hope you enjoy making this and that you find it as yummy as we did! If you do, let me know! =D