Recently I have been asked by a few people what apps the kids use; so I decided to make a blog about it.
This one is about the apps that my son loves to use, I will do one shortly about what ones my little girl likes to use too!
The majority of these apps are free, or at least have a free trial for you to see if your children enjoy them! =]
- Meet the Alphablocks– Based on the Cbeebies T.V show. It teaches your child the sounds that letters makes.
- Talking ABC- by Hey Clay. This app helps children to learn the alphabet and links an animal to each letter. It also has several mini games, point to the right letter, puzzles, who is it, memory game and a few more.
- Endless ABC– by Originator. This app is by far the favourite among with others made by them. You can choose from a huge range of words, it then jumbles the letters up and a shadow is left for where they belong. As you move each letter it sings the sound that it makes. When you have completed the word it then explains to you what the word means and shows you a short clip to explain it.
- ABC Phonics- by Pink Fong. This app sings a little song about the letter you choose with many words in it that begin with the same letter. It then teaches you how to write these letters in lower and uppercase. There is also a mini game for each letter too!
- Toddler Counting 123-by giggle up. This app brings up a random number of items and as you click on each picture it counts them for you.
- Endless 123-by originator. You can choose whatever number you like and it moves and leaves a shadow for you to move the number to. along with a few numbers either side of it. It then does a simple sum for what would create your chosen number. Then it will do a little story about the number too!
- Lets Count- by Fisher Price. This counts 1-5 with lovely, bright and simple to count animals. It sings a lovely song too.
Colouring & Drawing
- Dipdab- based on the Cbeebies show. This is a great little app where you get a short little animation with dipdab at the start and then you are given a dashed line to show you what to draw. Then your drawing is used in the next bit of animation.
- Rain Cubes– by unity. You are given a blank page and as you touch around the screen coloured cubes drop down and form a 3D picture.
- Drawing Pad- You can either draw on a blank page or on a picture that you have taken. As you draw it plays a lovely little tune and when you stop it stops the tune.
- Touch Free-by unity. This app brings up simple shapes which are white on a black background and plays relaxing music. You then draw over the white to complete the picture.
Games & Fun
- Playtime-by Cbeebies. This is a wonderful app, it has lots of games on it from different programs on Cbeebies. All very simple, easy and fun!
- Sago Mini- This is the maker of a wide range of apps. Vivid colours, fun and easy games. Our favorites by them is; Roadtrip, where you get to choose a car, pack a suitcase and drive down a road encountering lovely flowers, animals etc. Music box, you fly about in different forms of transport and when you click up high it plays the high notes and low for low notes from well-known nursery rhymes. Monsters, is where you get different shapes to choose from, you can then draw on them, add items etc to them. You then get to feed them, brush their teeth etc.
- Toto– by Dr.Panda. You look after a little tortoise by wwashing him, making him sandwiches, giving him medicine when he is sick etc!
- Magic Tracks- by budge. This is a game based around Thomas The Tank Engine. It is like your own miniature railway track. You drive Thomas around and come across mini games and unlock other engines and items to place around your track!
- First words– by Tiny hands. This is a great app for them to learn a wide range of things from clothing names, shapes, food etc. You get one of the items at a time and have to match it to the same picture. When you have done this it tells you the name of the item!
- Get Well Soon-by Cbeebies. This app teaches your children about going to the hospital, and learning about the human body.
- Disney Life– £5.99 a month. Can be put onto ten devices. It has nearly all of the Disney movies, programs, cds and books on it. You can download them so that you can use them when you are not connected to the internet. You can also watch the Disney channels live.
- Netflix- £5 a month. Again a whole range of videos and movies. You can also download the majority of these so you can watch them offline too!
- Iplayer kids– This has all the cbeebies & CBBC programs on it. You can download these to watch offline and has many seasons for all of their programs on it.
- StoryBots– Many short videos on her about the alphabet,numbers, shapes, dinosaurs, colours etc on it! Lovely simply videos and catchy tunes to aid with learning!
- YT Kids– This is a great app as it means that you can leave your child to browse through many videos that are all safe for kids!
I hope your children enjoy these! If you have any apps that your little ones like I would love to hear about them and add them to their Ipads!