I’ve never really celebrated Halloween before, the past two years Ad has took Amellia out to do some trick or treating but I haven’t really got in the spirit of it and left it up to those two to do together, but this year is different. I’ve decided for the first time I’m going to celebrate with them!
Time goes really fast, far too fast. It feels like this year has gone faster than normal to me so I want to embrace all the opportunities we get to spend together and if it means opening up to new things and trying them out well.. I’m going to give it my best shot for the kiddos! Soon enough she will be charging out the door to her friends rather than wanting to spend time with us, so time to make the most of the times we do have together and she wants to spend with us!
For her birthday party this year she has asked to have a Halloween party with her friends in the street so I said why not! I’ve been out and bought lots of decorations, a pumpkin piñata, light sticks, stickers, Halloween shaped crisps/chips/chicken nuggets and everything else I could find! These kiddos will not be leaving with an empty tummy or an empty bucket anyway.
I’ve bought us all matching jumpers which we will wear all the way through to January! The wonderful elephant bum and teequo worked together on them and I’m totally in love. I always buy jumpers from elephant bum and have only recently found teequo after getting these and they will be getting an order soon from me because they do Disney ones & I totally adore Disney! 😍 check out how awesome these ones are that we all got;
Anyway I’m off to decorate the house and get into the Halloween spirit 😀 how do you celebrate Halloween?
Dylan has recently got extremely good at writing the letter A, generally with both hands at the same time! As soon as he goes into the back garden he is looking for the chalk and tries to ensure that ever single gate panel has an A on it.
Amellia loves it when he writes the letter A, as she says that he is looking for her when he is doing it. I adore the fact that she is starting to enter his world and accepting that he interacts in other ways, and I for one will not be telling her that he just has a huge love for the letter A and writing it and that it doesn’t mean this!
He can also write a few other letters, but A is in a strong first place at the moment, along with his favourite colour; brown.
We all went to the park the other day and had such a lovely time, Dylan had me going down the slide and climbing up on the cargo net so that I could help him, well by help, he was clung to me like a limpet.. it made manoeuvering him to the slide pretty difficult but with daddy close by we made it safely!
We then went on the swing basket, after a while I told Adrian that it was his turn!
Look at this beautiful capture I got! I love it!
Amellia snuggling into him with the most beautiful smile while she held his hand and him accepting it, Dylan playing with her hair and daddy with them both safely beside him with the most loving & happy smile on his face!
Perfection, the three most important people to me, all having a lovey time together and I have this wonderful snap to look back at and smile!
Though I must say I’m pretty jealous he didn’t snap a picture of me with the pair of them.. but he is a man, this is why woman take selfies, otherwise they wouldn’t be in any pictures with their kids! lol!
Recently I have been asked by a few people what apps the kids use; so I decided to make a blog about it.
This one is about the apps that my son loves to use, I will do one shortly about what ones my little girl likes to use too!
The majority of these apps are free, or at least have a free trial for you to see if your children enjoy them! =]
- Meet the Alphablocks– Based on the Cbeebies T.V show. It teaches your child the sounds that letters makes.
- Talking ABC- by Hey Clay. This app helps children to learn the alphabet and links an animal to each letter. It also has several mini games, point to the right letter, puzzles, who is it, memory game and a few more.
- Endless ABC– by Originator. This app is by far the favourite among with others made by them. You can choose from a huge range of words, it then jumbles the letters up and a shadow is left for where they belong. As you move each letter it sings the sound that it makes. When you have completed the word it then explains to you what the word means and shows you a short clip to explain it.
- ABC Phonics- by Pink Fong. This app sings a little song about the letter you choose with many words in it that begin with the same letter. It then teaches you how to write these letters in lower and uppercase. There is also a mini game for each letter too!
- Toddler Counting 123-by giggle up. This app brings up a random number of items and as you click on each picture it counts them for you.
- Endless 123-by originator. You can choose whatever number you like and it moves and leaves a shadow for you to move the number to. along with a few numbers either side of it. It then does a simple sum for what would create your chosen number. Then it will do a little story about the number too!
- Lets Count- by Fisher Price. This counts 1-5 with lovely, bright and simple to count animals. It sings a lovely song too.
Colouring & Drawing
- Dipdab- based on the Cbeebies show. This is a great little app where you get a short little animation with dipdab at the start and then you are given a dashed line to show you what to draw. Then your drawing is used in the next bit of animation.
- Rain Cubes– by unity. You are given a blank page and as you touch around the screen coloured cubes drop down and form a 3D picture.
- Drawing Pad- You can either draw on a blank page or on a picture that you have taken. As you draw it plays a lovely little tune and when you stop it stops the tune.
- Touch Free-by unity. This app brings up simple shapes which are white on a black background and plays relaxing music. You then draw over the white to complete the picture.
Games & Fun
- Playtime-by Cbeebies. This is a wonderful app, it has lots of games on it from different programs on Cbeebies. All very simple, easy and fun!
- Sago Mini- This is the maker of a wide range of apps. Vivid colours, fun and easy games. Our favorites by them is; Roadtrip, where you get to choose a car, pack a suitcase and drive down a road encountering lovely flowers, animals etc. Music box, you fly about in different forms of transport and when you click up high it plays the high notes and low for low notes from well-known nursery rhymes. Monsters, is where you get different shapes to choose from, you can then draw on them, add items etc to them. You then get to feed them, brush their teeth etc.
- Toto– by Dr.Panda. You look after a little tortoise by wwashing him, making him sandwiches, giving him medicine when he is sick etc!
- Magic Tracks- by budge. This is a game based around Thomas The Tank Engine. It is like your own miniature railway track. You drive Thomas around and come across mini games and unlock other engines and items to place around your track!
- First words– by Tiny hands. This is a great app for them to learn a wide range of things from clothing names, shapes, food etc. You get one of the items at a time and have to match it to the same picture. When you have done this it tells you the name of the item!
- Get Well Soon-by Cbeebies. This app teaches your children about going to the hospital, and learning about the human body.
- Disney Life– £5.99 a month. Can be put onto ten devices. It has nearly all of the Disney movies, programs, cds and books on it. You can download them so that you can use them when you are not connected to the internet. You can also watch the Disney channels live.
- Netflix- £5 a month. Again a whole range of videos and movies. You can also download the majority of these so you can watch them offline too!
- Iplayer kids– This has all the cbeebies & CBBC programs on it. You can download these to watch offline and has many seasons for all of their programs on it.
- StoryBots– Many short videos on her about the alphabet,numbers, shapes, dinosaurs, colours etc on it! Lovely simply videos and catchy tunes to aid with learning!
- YT Kids– This is a great app as it means that you can leave your child to browse through many videos that are all safe for kids!
I hope your children enjoy these! If you have any apps that your little ones like I would love to hear about them and add them to their Ipads!
The other day we took the kids to the garden center to investigate the new play area, but we weren’t too sure what we would find! We were really shocked when we walked around the corner and saw the most wonderful little play area!
The first day we went was a weekend so we really didn’t stay that long as there was quite a few older kids and after Dylan being pushed twice I knew he was going to lose his rag soon and didn’t want to push him too far after having already had a good 30 mins playing and everyone else being happy! We let the kids choose one thing each on the way out as they had both been fantastic and who doesn’t like treating there little ones every now and then!
My little girl chose the unicorn and has named it..”Pink Fluffy unicorn, dancing on rainbow.” Not quite sure where she got the name from seeing as it isn’t even pink.. but as long as she is happy! She chose this unicorn as it is just like her little brothers rabbits that he takes everywhere! If we ever lost those rabbits there would be trouble! I am going to have to buy a few spare and swap them about so that he gets used to them.. I had intended for the second bunny to just be used at bedtimes.. but as time has progressed he has now taken a shine to them both. and he would take them everywhere if I let him!
Dylan chose the peter rabbit push along toy! As soon as he picked it up he wouldn’t put it down! I love the selection of toys and clothes they have at Donaghadee Garden Center, lovely little bits! =]
We headed back the next day as we knew there would be fewer people, or at least fewer big people with school being back! Dylan had so much fun!
We had a fantastic time! My hubby and I got a lovely little lunch, he had the stew and said it was phenomenal and I had a lovely painni! What was even better was that Dylan got to happily play while we got some food! He was so happy pottering about and exploring by himself!
He loved this big wooden tractor a lot! You could pretend to drive it, climb all over it and move the gear stick! He had so much fun driving it, especially with our table where we were grabbing a bite to eat right beside it! He is very much a mummys boy at the moment and doesn’t like me being out of his sight! He even follows me from the living room to the kitchen!
It also has a lovely little wooden barn which has steps up one side with a little bit to explore up the top and then a slide to get down! You can also go under the barn too which Dylan enjoyed! He must have ran up the stairs then down the slide about 50 times in a row before he even started to tier!
Another amazing thing that they have is a little ball shoot thing! You put the ball at the top and it rolls all the way down,he really loved this! So much so that I’m thinking of making one in my back-garden for him! Its a fantastic thing and so very simple to make as it is made using guttering!
I will be going back here many times, in-fact I think I am going to be a regular! A fantastic little place and undercover for Dylan to play in and quiet! It is also great because even though you get your lunch etc from inside the cafe it is closed off away from here so you aren’t worried about the noise etc annoying others who are eating!
Well worth a visit if you are ever near! =]
How do the minds of little ones work?
I would love to know the answer if anyone has it? My little ones mind seems to jump from one thing to another so quickly! Her imagination is fantastic! Today several times i have had to put on my imaginary gloves, hat and scarf and play in the snow and make snow angels! She hasn’t even really seen snow! Well.. She did once when she was about one but not loads of snow for building snow men in, and she was only one so would she really remember! She was making me build a snowman too, we were rolling the imaginary ball about the floor until she was completely satisfied it was big enough then doing another for his head, putting eyes on and all the rest! I was fascinated by her knowing how to do this, though I suppose she must have seen it on t.v? Oh I know where! The snowman and the snow dog, she loves that little short film! I have watched it many times and it always gets me in the mood for Christmas! I can’t wait for it as she will be able to enjoy it fully.. Just fingers crossed, I’m not in labour or in hospital over Christmas or I will cry more than just a normal woman in labour 😉
When my hubby came in from work he was put the test of imagination too, as you can see from the picture above! He was having to pretend he was in a sled and she was his snow dog pulling the sled for him! She went nuts every time she let go and kept saying “no daddy, hold my tshirt” lol! She is a mad one for sure! After that she made them go into there snow cave and hug for warmth while tickling there ten babies.. I hope she realises I never plan to have ten babies!!
They then had to play doctors and daddy had to lay on the floor while she did his heart for him and he then made a beeping noise every time she pushed his tummy! This amused her greatly, so much so I think this lasted for about half an hour! Mind you I was grateful to be able to just sit down for a while without having to run about like mad!!
When I picked her up from nursery she wanted to do some baking, so that’s what we did! I cheated a little as we had one of those packs where you just add water and an egg then mix and hey presto, yummy cup cakes! She had such a blast making these and tasting them before they were done, to which she informed me tasted nicer than when cooked! We also made some cookies which the hubby was chuffed with when he got in from work! She loves baking and making a mess! I think the best bit though is tasting it as you go along! Here is a few pictures of what the final outcome was like and how great she is at tasting and doing her new “cheese puppy dog eyes” the cookies was a very simple recipe, I just made the mistake of mixing the chocolate buttons in to the mix, in the mixer so they all got destroyed and putting them all in the oven at once! Oops! Though still taste great!
Sorry if the images are a little huge! Still not sure on how to make them a normal size! Heading down to see my sister soon and hopefully she will be able to teach me!