These are perfect if you want something tasty and quick to grab for breakfast! I know that I often skip breakfast which leads to me snacking on random things throughout the morning. The even greater thing about these are how simple they are to make too!
- 200g Bacon Lardons
- 12 eggs
- Grated Cheese
You will also need; a Muffin tray, bowl, fork and muffin cases!
(This will make 12)
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees (Fan Oven)
- Place your muffin cases into the muffin tin and lightly spray with oil
- Fry your bacon lardons until they are cooked then separate them into the muffin cases!
- Put a sprinkle of cheese into each muffin case
- Crack all your eggs into a bowl and whisk it until they are all broken up and smooth(I added the bacon and cheese into the egg mix, this made it very difficult to get even amounts of bacon and cheese into the muffins, so I recommended doing it the way explained here)
- Pour the egg mixture on top of the bacon & cheese being careful not to spill it everywhere!
- pop In the oven for approx. 15 mins, until the egg is fully cooked.
- Enjoy and keep the rest in a sealed container in the fridge for the next morning!
We had lots of Kinder Egg chocolate left over after Easter so we decided to make some yummy cornflake buns! Using the Kinder Egg chocolate made them even more yummier than normal!
If you have any spare chocolate laying about after Easter here is what you can do with it!
200g chocolate of choice!
7 tablespoons of golden Syrup
100g unsalted butter (room temp)
& Muffin cases for big ones or cupcake if you want to make smaller ones!
-Put the chocolate, butter & golden syrup into a saucepan, and slowly melt it together while stirring!
-Take the chocolate melted loveliness off the heat and add the cornflakes! Do this bit by bit stirring until they are all covered!
-Then separate the mixture into the cases, and place in the fridge for a few hours until they have cooled!
-Enjoy.. and try not to eat them all at once!
Super Simple and Delicious!
Who knew something so simple could bring such joy!
I got a parcel in the post.. which obviously bought me joy, but then after taking out of it what I had ordered I had a great idea.. kind of!
We have been told to try and get our little man to do a lot of messy play/feeling different things.. anything sensory related to try and encourage him to eat better, which personally I thought was an odd suggestion until they told me that your hands and the feelings you accept on your hands is very similar to the way it feels when in your mouth! So we are hoping that if we encourage him to feel as much possible it will help with his eating! It isn’t as simple as it sounds.. as he refuses to touch anything that looks different generally! So when I opened my parcel I took out my things and noticed that the shredded paper felt a bit different, so I thought lets just see what the wee man makes of it!
He loved it! He was throwing it everywhere and by the end of it he was letting me put it on his legs without a fuss and passing it to me for me to do it again for him!
He was laughing, coming to me to engage in play, feeling something different, and trying to make eye contact! It was just fabulous. . and very simple to brush up after!
I really encourage you to use anything and everything for them to play with! Something that you think won’t be fun, or is just going to go in the bin, let your little one have a look at it! (if its safe for them obviously!) You never know what they will enjoy and learn from!
This shredded paper ended up in a fantastic learning experience for him with lots of fun too!WeeOhana xx
I made this with my little girl, we had so much fun and it was super simple!
- Sugar (same amount as blackberries!)
- Lemon Juice to taste
- We first of all started off with going blackberry picking to get our most important ingredient! My little girl had so much fun doing this, we walked along and she picked the ones she could reach and pointed out too me the ones up high for me to pick! Obviously taste testing some as we went along! 😛
- Next we measured out how many blackberries we had, washed them under some warm water and then put them into a bowl! (we didn’t have a large amount)
- Then we mashed the blackberries up with our potato masher! This was lots of fun and a bit messy when she decided to see how fast she could do it..
- The sugar then is to be added, for us this was 1 and a half cups as we had one and a half cups of blackberries! Then mix it all together. Now is when you can add the lemon juice to taste if you want! We added a tiny little splash.
- Then pour the mixture into a saucepan, bring it to the boil while continuously mixing it! Once it has reached the boil, reduce the temperature down and stir it for a few more minutes.
- Finally find some old jam jars preferably to put it into! We didn’t have any so we used some bowls with lids that we had in the house, so anything can do really! Pop it into the fridge for a few hours to cool down.
- Find some nice bread and enjoy! .. Again we didn’t have any nice bread in the house and she was an eager beaver to try something that she had made! So we put it onto a bit of toast and really enjoyed it!
I hope you enjoy making this and that you find it as yummy as we did! If you do, let me know! =D
With my little girl just starting preschool we have been trying to find ways to keep her busy but aren’t that strenuous as she is coming out of preschool exhausted and grumpy! She is really enjoying herself which is such a great thing and I’m starting to get used to the afternoon classes rather than the usual ones! This week is her first week of being in everyday! The hubby came home from work and was greeted by an exhausted me (my little man has lost his great sleeping ='[) and a hyper, yet grumpy girl as she was knackered! Until he announced that he had a fantastic idea! I sighed.. expecting it to be something utterly ridiculous, loud and messy… to my surprise it was not!
He looked at me and said “i just need some string and a hanger?” I was a bit suspicious.. what could you do with a bit of string and a hanger? This did not sound like fun.. it sounded like a big old let down! My oh my was I wrong!
I watched as he tied a bit of string from our door handle to the fire place, then ran upstairs and appeared with a hanger and my little girls favorite teddy/puppet who has fittingly been called “Monkey” .. I’m sure you can guess, he is monkey! She was bouncing about the place asking me what it was for and she was getting very excited… and I just was just very confused by it .. he then announced it was a Zip-line! I still couldn’t see how.. until he showed us!
As you can see by the look on her face.. this was one of the best things she had ever seen! She thought this was so fantastic! Such a simple idea and she had hours of fun! Everyday since she has had the zip-line!
So all you need is a length of string and two places to hang it.. the higher the better and a kids trouser hanger!
Little miss got a bit concerned that it would hurt her lovely toys, so we got them to “hold” on with there hands!
This is how monkey and how he held on! =]
Such a simple thing, yet entertained my little ones for ages and the dog! She thought it was great trying to catch a moving target.. Little miss didn’t appreciate this too much though so Lilo got a pigs ear and was happy as Larry to let the Zip lining continue! =] Little Miss loved it so much she even had to facetime nanny so that she could see the fun monkey was having!
Do you guys have any simple things that your little ones love?
If you try this let me know what your little ones think! =D