While having some sensory fun with Orbeez I was pondering what else we could do with them to keep the fun going. I had a nosey around and found some balloons and decided we would try and make our own Sensory balls. Simple, fun and something that they could feel accomplished after making as they then got to play with them.
What you will need;
– Top of a bottle
- first step is to leave the Orbeez in water overnight to expand, as it does take several hours for them to soak in all the water
- Blow the balloon up and let it go down again several times to stretch it out a bit
- Cut the top off a bottle & place the balloon neck around the opening
- Now is the fun part, scoop the Orbeez into the homemade funnel and keep pushing them down until the balloon is full
- Then tie the balloon up and trim the end a little and you have your own homemade sensory squishy ball.
The kids really enjoyed making them and ended up creating several each!
They played with them for ages afterwards and they are still going strong now.